I've been doing 16h coding shifts for the last couple of days (shipping deadline ahead) so I couldn't face touching the prototype game afterwards, which means no update on that this post.
Anyway, after Christmas I decided to rebuild the CSH22 MOC I've done some time ago (the original post is here). One thing I noticed while building the model with "real" Lego parts that the base and the roof (which looked OK as digital model) are not very stable or buildable, the obvious conclusion was to redo them before building the model.
The old base, without roof.
That said, it took the better part of 5 evenings to redesign the base and the roof, keeping an eye on stability and making it buildable. To say I went a bit over the edge with it, barely covers the amount of new parts - roughly 760 to be precise - adding up to 1254 parts for the whole model.
The new base, again without roof. The pool is all new, too.
Yesterday the last bag of parts finally arrived (Lego Pick-A-Brick is your friend here) and so while having my morning coffee I started to build the base plate and was - mildly - surprised how fucking big it is. For some odd reason I always have that with Lego models, wondering how I could have underestimated the size by that much.
That's a) a bad picture and b) 32.5cm x 31.0cm of base-plate goodness.
To end this post with something to look forward to, next post will be about messing up a game's items with exposing values to the Unity editor and how something I call the "ItemFactory" saved the whole enterprise.
... and now: there's a deadline ahead, ahoy.
-- Oliver / nGFX